In this project we will learn how to make a WiFi Scanner using a M5StickC ESP32 module to Display the WiFi networks around.
Watch the Video.
Step 1: What You Will Need
- M5StickC ESP32
- Visuino software: Download Visuino here: https://www.visuino.eu
Step 2: Start Visuino, and Select the M5 Stack Stick C Board Type
Start Visuino as shown in the first picture Click on the “Tools” button on the Arduino component (Picture 1) in Visuino When the dialog appears, select “M5 Stack Stick C” as shown on Picture 2
Step 3: In Visuino Set Components
- Select “M5 Stack Stick C” and in the properties window expand “Modules” > “WiFi” > “Operations” and click on the 3 dots button.
- In “Operations” window drag “Scan WiFi Networks” to the left side
- In the properties window set “Show Hidden” to True, this way we will also be able to se hidden networks
- Close the “Operations” window
- Select “M5 Stack Stick C” and in the properties window expand “Modules” > “Display ST7735”
- Set “Orientation” to goRight
- Select “Elements” and click on the 3 dots button
- In the “Elements” window drag “Fill Screen” to the left side
- Close the “Elements” window
Step 4: In Visuino Connecting Everything
- Connect “M5 Stack Stick C” pin Out A(M5) to “Operations pin “Scan”
- Connect “M5 Stack Stick C” pin Out A(M5) to Fill Screen1 pin “Clock”
- Connect “M5 Stack Stick C” “Operations pin “Scanning” to “LED” pin “In”
- Connect “M5 Stack Stick C” “Operations pin “SSID” to “Display ST7735” pin “In”
Step 5: Generate, Compile, and Upload the Code
In Visuino, at the bottom click on the “Build” Tab, make sure the correct port is selected, then click on the “Compile/Build and Upload” button.
Step 6: Play
If you power the M5StickC module and click on the Orange button M5, the internal LED will start to flash, this indicates that the module is scanning for WiFi networks. After the scanning is finished the LED will stop flashing and you will be able to se on the display the names of the WiFi networks around.
Congratulations! You have completed your project with Visuino. Also attached is the Visuino project, that I created for this Instructable, you can download it and open it in Visuino: https://www.visuino.eu